From: firewall-wizards-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:firewall-wizards-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
Henderson, Bernadette
Sent: Monday, November 20, 2006 1:00 PM
To: firewall-wizards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [fw-wiz] VPN question

I have a home grown network in my office for clients to
use.(Outside of my work network) The problem is that the amount of
persons using it is growing every time they come to my office for work
for about a month straight then leave for 6 months. All of them want to
connect back to their home office using the microsoft built in vpn
client. They also now use a Pix firewall which I have no knowledge of
but they do have a consultant who runs it for them. There are about ten
users.

The dilemma I have is that about every 18 hours they all getting
booted out of their vpn and say they cant get onto the internet. It
lasts about 5 to ten minutes and about the time I get on the road to
come in to see whats wrong, they are back up and running again. They are
working night and day weekends too...

In my office I have a T1 going to a cisco router, to a linksys
router for nat and then to and hp switch then piped over to the port in
the room to netgear switchboxes at the conference room tables.

My network guys say the T1 is fine etc etc.. I cant really see
much of anything from the linksys. What should I be looking for to
uncover what is booting them out and back up again so quickly? I called
their tech guy to look at the firewall log and am waiting for feedback.

Thanks in advance

Bernadette

This e-mail is from Dechert LLP, a law firm, and may contain
information that is confidential or privileged. If you are not the
intended recipient, do not read, copy or distribute the e-mail or any
attachments. Instead, please notify the sender and delete the e-mail and
any attachments. Thank you.

  • Re: openVPN: no home network access
    ... Is the inner tunnel (I assume the 10.8.0.1 set by: ... I didn't get my Windows network visible from the road. ... openVPN is on a Linux firewall pc. ... This firewall is between my home network and the internet. ...
    (comp.os.linux.security)
  • Re: Problems Setting Up a Small Wireless Home Network
    ... I really need to reinstall it. ... > perhaps someone will know how to configure it's firewall. ... > other than the tunnel on the network card so that all network traffic goes ... > down the tunnel. ...
  • Re: Problems Setting Up a Small Wireless Home Network
    ... perhaps someone will know how to configure it's firewall. ... Normally, when you bring up a VPN client, it firewalls out other traffic ... other than the tunnel on the network card so that all network traffic goes ...
  • Re: Exchange Outlook und Sygate Personal Firewall
    ... > Ich versuche per Outlook mein Exchange Postfach abzurufen. ... wenn meine Sygate Personal Firewall deaktiviert ist. ... Ich hab deinen Beitrag so verstanden, daß der Tunnel nur aufgebaut ...
    (microsoft.public.de.exchange)
  • Re: Telnet over WAN latency troubleshooting
    ... up an SNMP rule on the firewall central site firewall and let the Alpha ... the tunnel they should not be aware of the traffic type... ... either to the customer central site or our own location. ... the latency is very obvious; when we telnet back to ...
    (comp.os.vms)