[fw-wiz] firewalls and routers

I'm afraid I have some really basic questions (I'm trying to resolve a
potential security issue where I work).

1. if we are using a router, does that mean a computer that processes credit
cards does not need to have its firewall enabled?
2. can a router have a firewall and if so, how does one get to it to
configure it?

thx

pc

  • Re: Just venting (totally OT)
    ... the ame router to get access to the net! ... I'm paranoid about opening up my firewall "just in case..." ... not visiting dodgy Websites. ... The protection that it does supply is also provided by ...
    (uk.people.support.depression)
  • Re: Just venting (totally OT)
    ... how long it plays for because it's all been ripped on to hard disc ... the ame router to get access to the net! ... I'm paranoid about opening up my firewall "just in case..." ... The protection that it does supply is also provided by ...
    (uk.people.support.depression)
  • Re: What is broken:McAfeee firewall or my router ????? Urgent, ple
    ... your computer regardless of what McAfee firewall said. ... If your router is ... warned about those ports being available right away if you had any of those ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Re: What is broken:McAfeee firewall or my router ????? Urgent, ple
    ... your computer regardless of what McAfee firewall said. ... If your router is ... warned about those ports being available right away if you had any of those ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Re: Just venting (totally OT)
    ... long it plays for because it's all been ripped on to hard disc so it ... I'm paranoid about opening up my firewall "just in case..." ... having the protection of a router, not opening dodgy emails, and not ... The protection that it does supply is also provided by your router ...
    (uk.people.support.depression)