[fw-wiz] bypassing PIX limitation

Hi

I have a network that is protected by a PIX 515e running 6.3(1). I was
asked to setup a IPSEC VPN with a partner. The partner's security policy
mandates that a remote encryption domain must use IP addresses on a
subnet carved out of their overall IP network range. The network behind
my PIX uses IP addresses on a subnet that is outside of their IP
network. Adding a second IP to my network isn't supported by the PIX OS.
To bypass this limitation I thought of NATing packets going into the VPN
tunnel. I've been looking for documentation for such a scenario, but
can't find anything. Can packets going into a VPN tunnel be NATed?

TIA
Paolo

  • RE: [fw-wiz] PIX split tunneling
    ... Split tunneling is an excellent option for saving bandwidth and SA's on your ... To use a VPN the user would need access to the internet ( ... on a public network then if they change the config then they change it. ... If your users are inside the PIX then I don't understand the question. ...
    (Firewall-Wizards)
  • Re: WKS outside PIX
    ... > inside an another private and very large intranet. ... > Between this network there is a pix Firewall. ... The problem is, unless you VPN through the firewall, you'll have to make the ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.dns)
  • Re: Cisco VPN client connecting trough ISA 2004 - problem
    ... If you use the PDM to configure your PIX then there is a tick ... Clients are Cisco VPN 4.6 connecting to PIX IOS 6.3. ... My problem is that clients connectig from network behing ISA 2004 which i ... VPN client. ...
    (microsoft.public.isa.vpn)
  • Re: VPN and third party appliances
    ... The firewall is setup for NAT, I have checked my personal firewall at home ... into the network the connection stalls then eventually disconnects. ... a VPN config that I may have missed in AD or something with win2k3sbs. ... > remote access VPN with a Cisco PIX as the VPN Server. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • PIX 515E dropping existing TCP connections
    ... I recently took over administration of a PIX 515E. ... network, and VPN to the PIX to access a private network. ... When the VPN is connected, I can SSH to hosts on the private network. ... PIX drops the connection after transferring just a few kilobytes. ...
    (comp.dcom.sys.cisco)