[fw-wiz] Pix 535 Logging

Hi,

I have a quick question regarding logging on a Pix 535.

We're currently getting a lot of CERT notifications for spammers
operating within our network - mainly just students with 0wned machines,
but we're looking into ways to automate the procedure slightly.

Anyway, what I'm looking to do, and what I need help with.... I want to
know if it's possible to log all outbound port 25 connection attempts,
EXCEPT those that come from our authorised MX's and mail servers. AND I
would like to be able to do this in addition to the normal logging that
takes place.

So, is it possible?

Any thoughts and guidance you can provide are very much appreciated.

Cheers,
James

--
James Burns

Network Advisor – Student & Learning Support
University of Sunderland

--
University of Sunderland - life-changing: see our new TV advert at
http://www.lifechangingsunderland.com or http://www.sunderland.ac.uk

  • Risks Digest 27.02
    ... ACM FORUM ON RISKS TO THE PUBLIC IN COMPUTERS AND RELATED SYSTEMS ... Thousands fall victim to utility payment scam ... United Airlines Investigates Network Failure Delaying 580 Flights ... Harvard Students in Cheating Scandal Say Collaboration Was Accepted ...
    (comp.risks)
  • Re: how to stop a users internet access???
    ... the network administrator or maybe some policy was in the way. ... use of innocent students to do their dirty work.... ... I think we all agree that the internet can be addictive to people, ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Big Bertha Thing chairperson
    ... Internet service provider. ... The existing arrangements for European students, using the EUnet service, paid for by the ... indications are that support for network use will be confirmed. ... OU will act as the Internet service provider for this course. ...
  • Re: Network Hacking
    ... Network security. ... If the teacher's assignment includes activities that the sys ... >This is the same convoluted logic that had others claiming that students ... >> conduct security assessments. ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
  • RE: [Full-Disclosure] "MS Blast" Win2000 Patch Download
    ... >> I guess we just have a diferent approach to laptops and the corporate ... >> network is if it has been cleard by the IS department. ... You have 50,000 students living in dormitories, ... > network when they walk up from the dorms. ...
    (Full-Disclosure)