[fw-wiz] Scans on UDP 38072

Recently I've noticed today quite a few denied connections for UDP/38072
and occasionally for TCP/38072 on two different firewalls. I've searched
for some information on this protocol but I couldn't find anything
relevant. Most of the connections come from dynamically assigned IP
addresses. For some IPs there are several connection attempts, each 1
min. 25 seconds apart. Did anyone see this kind of traffic in their logs?

Regards,

Adrian Grigorof
Altair Technologies Ltd.
www.altairtech.ca
www.eventid.net

  • Re: Linux kernel on FreeBSD
    ... Is there something I'm missing with the firewalls ... Netfilter seems to have better nat proxy support for protocols like ftp ... If you setting incomming ftp connections to an ftp server ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • Re: handling hsrp connections from isp
    ... Because you only have unmanaged switches for your ISP and Firewall ... connections, that is definitely a single point of failure. ... pair of switches, which then go to the firewalls, which then go back ...
    (comp.dcom.sys.cisco)
  • Re: handling hsrp connections from isp
    ... fast ethernet connections from ISP, ... Two Cisco ASA 5510 firewalls, ... and to internal switches on the internal ... About 12 servers, each with redundant NICs. ...
    (comp.dcom.sys.cisco)
  • Re: [fw-wiz] Firewall rules order and performance
    ... Some firewalls no longer parse the configuration ... New connections / s is generally limited by ruleset size and complexity. ... As I recall, several years ago Lucent had an Oalgorithm for packet filtering on some of their high end routers that leveraged some tricky algebra, but it was limited to 256 not very complex rules. ... This is why every vendor specifies throughput based on large packets - ask them for 64-byte packet throughput and watch them squirm. ...
    (Firewall-Wizards)
  • Re: I am protected?
    ... :rely on the free versions of Zonealarm and AVG Antivirus, ... You can get stateful packet inspection varieties of firewalls ... incoming connections. ... Separate hardware firewalls usually can't help you ...
    (comp.security.misc)