[fw-wiz] asa 5510 with 802.1Q on switch

Dear gurus,

I would like to do the following :

------pix-----802.1Q------switch-----vlan 1

| |

------pix-----802.1Q------ switch----vlan 2

2 asa 5510 in HA, each one cone connected to a switch via trunk 802.1Q.
then I can filter vlan 1 and vlan 2 from the asa boxes.

Does any one do this,

An example of configuration one the asa and switch is welcome.

B.R

Yag.

  • Re: ip spoofed packets on a LAN, how to identify the source ?
    ... So, it's a local server that send IP spoofed packets, and try to bounce on my server? ... Even if the source MAC is spoofed, too, you can sometimes look in the arp table on your switch to see what port is associated with the suspect MAC address. ... BTW, if the packet is making it through the ASA, then the source MAC address you see on your server would be the MAC of the ASA. ...
    (comp.os.linux.security)
  • DMZ Switch Problems on ASA Failover
    ... I have a couple of ASA devices - the subnets they sit on are as follows: ... Off each of the DMZ ports I have a 2950 switch (each connects to it's ... The IP's addresses on each switch are 172.28.1.3 ... & 172.28.1.4 (Connected to Failover ASA) ...
    (comp.dcom.sys.cisco)
  • Re: ip spoofed packets on a LAN, how to identify the source ?
    ... like 192.168.0.0/24, on a switch. ... So, it's a local server that send IP spoofed packets, and try to bounce ... The MAC address of the source packets is false... ... BTW, if the packet is making it through the ASA, then the source MAC ...
    (comp.os.linux.security)
  • [fw-wiz] Securing Wireless with ASA-5510
    ... I have an ASA 5510 and a 3500 XL switch. ... Does the asa support vlan routing? ... the Linksys is sitting on the switch and anyone who connects ...
    (Firewall-Wizards)
  • Re: Failover of Ethernet links with Cisco Routers
    ... L3 switch? ... All providers are giving Ethernet terminated links. ... the ASA you could do object tracking or even a routing protocol. ...
    (comp.dcom.sys.cisco)