Re: [fw-wiz] Permissive Firewall Policy

On 21/09/06 08:45 -0600, Kevin Hinze wrote:
New to the list, so hope this has not already been covered numerous times.

I have been asked to move from a restrictive policy of only
allowed/permitted ports are allowed through the Firewall to a permissive
policy of deny known ?bad? port/protocols and allow all else. Does anyone
have lists, bookmarks or the like to show a list of known ?bad? ports? I

0-65535. Particularly ports 80, 443, 25 and 22.

One hole is enough for the bad guys to get through.

believe this is a bad idea but need some information to prove how difficult
it will be to manage.

MJR has something on his site about it. Dig through
http://www.ranum.com/

Devdas Bhagat