Re: [fw-wiz] Concentrator inside of paired failover firewalls.

On Tue, 12 Sep 2006, Huelsbeck, Harry H. CTR wrote:

Everyone,
Looking at our network layout. We have two firewalls, a primary and a
secondary. The two firewalls go to a hub which concentrates the two
together to the inside network segnment. We plan on replacing the hub
with a switch, but I was wondering if there is a better/cheaper solution

1. Why replace the hub?

to concentrate the 2 firewalls together? Seems like a lot of money to
waste, if another solution could be used. Please let me know what you
have used, or if you know of something better.
Thanks in advance for any inputs, Harry

2. 4 and 8 port switches are dirt-cheap.

Paul

  • [fw-wiz] Concentrator inside of paired failover firewalls.
    ... Looking at our network layout. ... The two firewalls go to a hub which concentrates the two ...
    (Firewall-Wizards)
  • Re: [fw-wiz] Concentrator inside of paired failover firewalls.
    ... Firewalls External Burp(each firwall on a separate port on switch), ... Firewall Internal Burps, Hub (a hub for each burp, dmz etc..., a cable ... fails, it fails open and the internal secondary firewall begins handling ...
    (Firewall-Wizards)
  • Re: ZoneAlarm - web access problem
    ... >>My knowledge of firewalls is weak to say the least And I'm hoping for some ... My machine has Zone Alarm (current version although this ... A simple solution to this is to bring your cable into the cable modem, ... then run a short cable from the modem output to the hub, ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • VPN over NetScreen 5GT
    ... anymore to a VPN server inside our network. ... Here's our network layout: ... Both firewalls are NetScreen 5GTs with 5.2.0r2. ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: [fw-wiz] Concentrator inside of paired failover firewalls.
    ... You are just introducing another piece of hardware that can fail. ... of firewalls are you running? ... The two firewalls go to a hub which concentrates the two ... but I was wondering if there is a better/cheaper solution ...
    (Firewall-Wizards)