Re: [fw-wiz] Skype through a firewall?

Paul D. Robertson wrote:
[abe]
There's a final alternative, though it's likely to be even more costly
unless you've got real configuration discipline- drop firewalls and go to
100% host security.
[/abe]

And... don't forget to allocate a few bucks for incident response.
'Cuz you're gonna need it. :)

mjr.

  • Re: [fw-wiz] iso 17799
    ... On Thu, 22 Jul 2004, Paul D. Robertson wrote: ... Ok, in the "You get what you ask for category," the Internet Firewalls FAQ ... Definitely on the list are a section on personal firewalls, ... Paul D. Robertson "My statements in this message are personal opinions ...
    (Firewall-Wizards)
  • Re: browstat wont run
    ... >>>First I just extracted it to my desktop for easy access, ... >> Paul, ... >Windows firewalls and tried to connect, so I am guessing it is not the ... OK, looking at browstat: ...
  • Re: [fw-wiz] Maximum number of subnets on a firewall
    ... > try to attach it to any available product: I was asked to plan a network for ... > companies I've concluded that all of them together will need 10 subnets ... firewalls. ... Paul D. Robertson "My statements in this message are personal opinions ...
    (Firewall-Wizards)
  • RE: IPS (was: [fw-wiz] Sources for Extranet Designs?)
    ... Now that we've actually gotten back to the point where firewalls are ... The only thing something like network IPS gets you over a tradtional ... than proactive security? ... Paul D. Robertson "My statements in this message are personal opinions ...
    (Firewall-Wizards)
  • Re: [fw-wiz] iso 17799
    ... Neither the new editions of Firewalls and Internet Security, ... Building Internet Firewalls have this list mentioned in them, ... Paul D. Robertson "My statements in this message are personal opinions ...
    (Firewall-Wizards)