From: firewall-wizards-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:firewall-wizards-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
Marcus J. Ranum
Sent: Tuesday, August 01, 2006 10:16 AM
To: Firewall Wizards Security Mailing List; Bob Arthurs
Subject: Re: [fw-wiz] Firewalls & multicast- what's the choice?

For what it's worth, there are plenty of firewalls that "handle"
multicast
by simply letting it zip through. .........
mjr.

  • The cat came and stayed..
    ... By the time you have finished reading this, I am sure you would have come across the most fascinating networking issue haunted by our friendly ghost Casper. ... Having exploited most of my resources, I finally decided to involve our ISP hoping that this would be the end of it...but it wasn't supposed to be that way. ... But, since the line was given, we felt that we were not only having intermittent problems that required switch reset but also felt that we were not getting the right speed and the data transfer rateswas really not befitting a 100Mbps link. ... Now a strange thing is that when we configure the two routers in 'bridging' mode and start data transfer across, the speed becomes incrementally fast. ...
    (Pen-Test)
  • Re: Accessing Multiple ISPs on the fly
    ... ADSL connection with a second ISP. ... > I am assuming that your WAN connections are going through two differnet ... > workstation to the other subnet if it is used to reset the IP configuration. ... > Its the routers that care. ...
  • RE: FreeBSD router two DSL connections
    ... >Subject: RE: FreeBSD router two DSL connections ... suppose I'm a small ISP and I go get a ... and blocked by ATT or Sprint, or my peer routers, in the ... >> letsseenow, these are full duplex 'pipes', can ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • RE: The cat came and stayed..
    ... I finally decided to involve our ISP hoping that this ... There are two cisco routers across Sites A and B and two media ... Cenzic Hailstorm finds vulnerabilities fast. ...
    (Pen-Test)
  • Re: What can my browser expose over network?
    ... I do not know if that is true of wireless routers. ... presume that broadcasts do indeed go into the ISP network. ... If you are not using an internet router the broadcasts will not get past the ...