Re: [fw-wiz] SNMP RW ASA 7.2.1

I'm pretty sure they removed RW access because the management interfaces
for the ASA units is now SSH and/or SSL/TLS.

Basically, if you want anything other than logging/alerting remotely
(outside of SSH command line access), you have to use ASDM or Cisco's
new replacement of VMS which lets you manage 7.x ASA and/or PIX units as
well as VPN concentrators.

Pablo Perez wrote:

I need to know how to configure an ASA with the version 7.2.1 with a SNMP
community RW, but i did not found the command to do it. Any idea??
Thanks in advance.

Regards.-

Pablo

Victor Williams
Network Architect
SSCP, RHCE

  • Re: Recommended number of threads? (in CPython)
    ... I wrote run-of-the-mill program for concurrent execution of ssh command ... and if the thread is finished, it closes ssh connection and does .join ...
    (comp.lang.python)
  • Re: SSH question
    ... You will need to do this on your local machine: ... > These two commands add your key to the key agent. ... > You should then be able to ssh using your key (you will need to add the ... > -A switch to the SSH command): ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: SSH Multiplexing w/ no controlling TTY
    ... My problem is that i can run the ssh command in the foreground, ... like being called w/o a controlling TTY and the disable psuedo tty option ...
    (comp.security.ssh)
  • Re: connecting to server without user name
    ... which specifies the remote host name and remote user name, ... on the ssh command line just give the name of that entry. ... I noticed with putty, nifty, and maybe some other ssh clients that there is an apparent server connection _before_ a user name is entered, thereby causing the user to be prompted for a user name. ...
    (comp.security.ssh)
  • Recommended number of threads? (in CPython)
    ... I wrote run-of-the-mill program for concurrent execution of ssh command over a large number of hosts. ... If it's dependent on task, the task is: open ssh connection, execute command on the thread) ...
    (comp.lang.python)