[fw-wiz] 4+ port firewall recommendation, VPN & VoIP capable...

Hi, all--

I've got a client doing commodity-trading software who is considering keeping
his production servers in-house as they go live. Given that they want to
separate their DMZ from internal machines, and might want to setup another
subnet or two to dedicate servers for their initial clients, a while back I'd
recommended that they go with a Cisco PIX 515E.

[ Although both the Nokia IP & SonicWall Rx00 products were also considered,
as (briefly) was rolling your own with OpenBSD, monowall, or similar, but the
client would prefer to get a dedicated appliance with commercial support. ]

Certainly the 515 is still being sold, but I seem to recall hearing around
these parts that this model is being replaced by goodness knows what [1], and
I was wondering if anyone could make some suggestions for a 4-6 port firewall
which can terminate individual VPN access to the various subnets, and plays
nice with an office which is using VoIP phones.

Thanks for your time,
--
-Chuck

[1]: Cisco's site is reasonably helpful with regard to tech docs, but the
product organization and breakdown is less than ideal. My best guess is that
the PIX 515E is being replaced with the "Cisco ASA 55x0", and I would be
curious to gain feedback about these.

  • RE: SBS client updates over WAN remote sites
    ... User Wizard for the remote users on the SBS 2003 server, ... client applications such as Internet Explorer 6.0, Microsoft Office Outlook ... You can apply the following software on the subnet 10.0.2.0 using Group ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Quick FRS question
    ... You define a subnet, create a site ... You can see if a client is obtaining/ ascertaining the correct site ... None of the DFS roots get heavy use, no more then 10 people at a time, it's just that they are connected by very slow lines. ... it is called 'Net> Mask Ordering' in the DNS options. ...
  • RE: RWW Issues w/SBS2003
    ... I reconfigured the routers on the LAN, placing them on the same subnet. ... This fixed the RWW connect to clients/server issues, ... From your description, we know, the issue relate to the router between ... please connect a client on the subnet A with the same ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: DNS A Record Order.
    ... client will receive, based on the subnet of the querying client. ... netmarks ordering AND round robin. ... Instead of the website you're using, I suggest to use OEx (Outlook Express ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.dns)
  • RE: SBS ConnectComputer run from XP workstation on different subnet
    ... Thank you for posting to the SBS Newsgroup. ... I understand you configure the clients from other subnet to log in the SBS ... please go to the workstation that problematic client is trying to ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)