Re: [fw-wiz] dual ISP connections

On 6/27/06, James Paterson <jpaterson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
We went through this same thing several years back, BGP is a large
hassle that is really not necessary these days, you can get devices made
by several vendors that handle this type of high availability / load
balancing. Radware's LinkProof, F5's Big IP are a couple, and there are
many more. No need for ASN's no need for a full /24 network, it all
works via DNS.

Cheers
James

That certainly sounds interesting - it just lets DNS alternate which
ISP that customer uses? See any problems with the 40+ site-to-site VPN
users, since they're up all the time (with luck)? I would think their
routes stay pretty static anyway.

For Mathew, we're using BGP now - though the one carrier's network
throws a fit with it more often than we would like.

More of the details of our current situation: we have a burstable DS3
from one carrier and two T1s from another. Going out, we route all
associates through the smaller connection. Coming in we hope that
customers will use the bigger pipe and far too often that isn't the
case. The smaller carrier is the one that has BGP spasms.

  • Re: OT going Postal ( Trying to answer Ricks post )
    ... > My Routes at the Post Office were some of the worse in SC & one of them ... > These Carriers make more $$ than your everyday Joe,, When a Carrier ... > Inspectors Grilled me for weeks on end & Guess what ??, No Charges were ... > filed & the Harrassement didnt Stop. ...
    (rec.games.pinball)
  • Re: Query as data source for form
    ... Routes table has about 20 records filled, ... "Jeff Boyce" wrote: ... "trelRouteSubs" that hold valid combinations of Routes and Subs. ... Carrier ...
    (microsoft.public.access.queries)
  • Re: Query as data source for form
    ... Routes table has about 20 records filled, ... "Jeff Boyce" wrote: ... "trelRouteSubs" that hold valid combinations of Routes and Subs. ... Carrier ...
    (microsoft.public.access.queries)
  • Re: Query as data source for form
    ... Forget the subs; I ... "Jeff Boyce" wrote: ... "trelRouteSubs" that hold valid combinations of Routes and Subs. ... Carrier ...
    (microsoft.public.access.queries)
  • Re: Query as data source for form
    ... Carrier ... carriers, and which subs are available for which routes, and various other ... I ran into a problem using AutoNum to identify the subs in that it cannot be ... don't have an account number. ...
    (microsoft.public.access.queries)