From: firewall-wizards-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:firewall-wizards-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
Mathew Want
Sent: Sunday, June 25, 2006 9:34 PM
To: 'Firewall Wizards Security Mailing List'
Subject: Re: [fw-wiz] dual ISP connections

Brian,

If the connections are through 2 separate ISP's then you need to run BGP
for routing. As for IP addresses, you need to apply for an AS number and
a /24
(minimum) from the more helpful of your ISP's or directly from the
designated IP allocator for your geographic region (ARIN. APNIC etc).

You must have /24 as the internet routing tables do not support routes
smaller than this anymore.

M@