Re: [fw-wiz] Blocking Google Talk

On 21/6/06 6:48 pm, "Dale W. Carder" <dwcarder@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Do you really think you can get away with firewalls forever? Are you
ready for the everything on port 443 internet?

Surely if you need things that locked down, you can install yourself as a CA
on desktops in the organisation, then do MITM SSL proxy filtering much as
you might do port 80 http proxy-filtering now.

Oliver.

  • Re: Limiting User Rights
    ... All that is needed in the default situation is to install IIS, ... Remote Desktop Web Connection, which is a sub-part of World Wide Web ... If you are able to use port 80,TCP, you then need to forward both port 80 ... In the ICF Internet Connection Firewall, ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Re: Sonicwall "possible port scan" Help!
    ... 1118 Hitchhikers guide to the Internet. ... And the reason you allow your employees to install unknown software on ... rights because it's to hard to configure the computers in a sane ... but the fact that it's a single _remote_ port at ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Is FreeBSD ready for desktop (Mozilla Flash)
    ... monitor,, somehow the install fails to detect ... "Macromedia Flash plugin is not available for FreeBSD. ... I quote again "Install the www/linuxpluginwrapper port. ... servers, ...
    (comp.unix.bsd.freebsd.misc)
  • New software uploaded by Denise on Oct 23 07:10:00 -4 2006
    ... and starting compiling the 'bar' port. ... and now where should you install your terminators? ... filter option may run a filter on the wrong type of file and cause ... FreeBSD does not currently support IBM's microchannel bus. ...
    (Linux-Kernel)
  • Re: FreeBSD 7.1 Content
    ... As others have mentioned, there are plenty of uses for packages, even if I ... It appears the workstation port went away because it was broken and had no ... I would not mind having such an option again for desktops, ... The hard part was waiting for all the packages to install. ...
    (freebsd-stable)