From: James Burns [mailto:terminallyconfused@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Monday, June 19, 2006 5:13 AM
To: Firewall Wizards Security Mailing List
Subject: Re: [fw-wiz] Anyone out there running PIX 515 ? - Trying
todetermne newest IOS I can run

Hi Charles,

Not entirely the same, but I've recently upgraded a 535 to version 7.
I've just checked the release notes, and they say that it is possible to
install version 7 for a 515, with the following requirements:

Min. Software Requirements: PIX version 6.2. If running on a version
prior to 6.2, you must first upgrade to 6.2 before upgrading to version
7.
Min. Memory: 64MB for Restricted (R) licence. 128MB for Unrestricted
(UR) or Failover (FO) licences. I think the 515 (by default) had 32MB
for R licences, and 64MB for UR and FO, so you may need to upgrade here.

Everything else should be fine.

Hope this helps.
Kind regards,
James