[fw-wiz] VPN to Netgear FVS318 v2.4

Hello All

We have a 20 bit subnet mask (255.255.240.0 aka 0.0 thru 15.255), We're
trying to setup a VPN to a Netgear FVS318 v2.1 but can't get Phase 2 to
come up for our entire subnet. We can bring up a VPN to a single host
in our subnet, or to a Class C section ( x.x.x.1 to x.x.x.255), but not
our 20bit mask (x.x.0.1 to x.x.15.255)

The Netgear requires a start and end address (not a subnet and mask) on
its VPN settings. We've tried all combinations. The netgear side is
odd, for the Class C it takes 1 to 255 as beginning and end address, not
to 254. I tried all different combinations with the remote Netgear
admin, and got nothing.

I've asked him to upgrade to the lastest firmware (v2.4)

Has anyone ever setup a VPN to this model Netgear?

Thanks,
~Todd

  • Re: Jeff L. -- networking question -- slightly OT
    ... They have a line of VPN routers. ... If you like to try Netgear, ... or be accessed by the "remote" LAN. ...
    (alt.internet.wireless)
  • Re: Connectivity Problems
    ... We have two sites with a Netgear FVS338 VPN ... Making a very, very long story short, I've set up various permanent pings ... If connect a workstation directly to the Internet Router there's no ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: VPN configuration with 2 network cards
    ... John Oliver, Jr ... Microsoft Certified Partner ... Routers and SSL then click on Wired VPN Firewalls. ... What model of NetGear device is currently in use? ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: VPN configuration with 2 network cards
    ... SSL then click on Wired VPN Firewalls. ... What model of NetGear device is currently in use? ... are simple NAT routers with _some_ firewall features. ... other points to the internet. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Good router as firewall
    ... There are several Netgear models, ... Remember, home user. ... It take it VPN is Virtual ... > PS I like the Netgear as a cheapo firewall. ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)