Re: [fw-wiz] Integrated IDS/IPS/Firewall (Cisco ASA and Juniper ISG)

Devdas Bhagat wrote:
Only the Sith deal in absolutes.

OK, so we need to come up with a good "sith name" for me. :)

This notion that security is a matter of degree is accurate in the large
but inaccurate in the small. Unfortunately, we're all dealing with the
small.

mjr.

  • Re: Pentester convicted..
    ... No matter how much good will is arguably present (think about the Daniel ... case in terms of the same defense) you have gained unauthorised access. ... As ethical IT security experts, with all our knowledge, skill and esoteric talent, we do not have a right to gain unauthorised access. ... Download FREE whitepaper on how a managed service can ...
    (Pen-Test)
  • Re: Re:How To Suspend Thread In Kernel?
    ... matter of helping people to not choose bad designs. ... ONLY security feature that cannot be overcome in the whole OS (not to say ... Malware comes to kernel mode and begin hooking SDT, ...
  • Re: [Full-disclosure] AntiSec Lamers Exposed
    ... Also he thinks his ip doesn't matter cause he may ... Some kid running a server management ... the entire internet depended on them for secure web hosting. ... -infosec.org.uk - yet another no name security site/security expert no ...
    (Full-Disclosure)
  • Re: Lightweight Ruby?
    ... I don't believe it's a matter of being light, ... written within IBM and now open source uses Java's security manager to ... in an open class system but hopefully I am terribly misguided. ... threads wouldn't be required so that it could be more lightweight. ...
    (comp.lang.ruby)
  • Re: Assigning groups to Printers?
    ... "Security" role. ... Just wondering what role would be better or does it matter? ... But for some reason, nobody in the group can ...