Re: [fw-wiz] pix syslog & linux

On Tue, 2006-05-16 at 08:20 -0400, Paul D. Robertson wrote:
On Mon, 15 May 2006, kurt x wrote:

Any suggestion?

1. Linux syslogd doesn't listen on a network socket by default, so you
have to start syslogd with -r. Check to see if you're listening with
netstat -nr.

I think you mean "netstat -nap". The routing table isn't too helpful
here :~)

@@ron Smith <smitha@xxxxxxxx>
firewall-wizards mailing list

Relevant Pages

  • Re: paging the network/TCP-isti
    ... Checking for open ports using ... showed these TCP connections to be 'stealthed'. ... If you do "netstat -na" it will display addresses ... Listening anyway means that there is NO connection. ...
  • Re: Unknown ports
    ... BP>>> lsof | grep LISTEN ... BP> LISTEN to look for matches with netstat. ... BP>> clearly that you are running a NFS server. ... BP>>> how can it be listening when closed? ...
  • Re: Socket connection issue
    ... It opens a socket connection to a process ... I copied the scripts over to another computer that's running IIS/PHP ... is not listening. ... Use netstat to see if your end point is listening on address, ...
  • RE: howto list tcp-ip ports
    ... we can use the Netstat command to list all established and listening ... Microsoft CSS Online Newsgroup Support ... This newsgroup only focuses on SBS technical issues. ...
  • Re: netstat shows LISTENING on my client-side socket as well as ESTABLISHED?!
    ... designed" then I'd have to suggest that the design is flawed. ... Can someone tell me what *user* of NETSTAT ... , a LISTENING ... LISTENING state for a client socket. ...