Re: [fw-wiz] pix syslog & linux

On Tue, 2006-05-16 at 08:20 -0400, Paul D. Robertson wrote:
On Mon, 15 May 2006, kurt x wrote:

Any suggestion?

1. Linux syslogd doesn't listen on a network socket by default, so you
have to start syslogd with -r. Check to see if you're listening with
netstat -nr.

I think you mean "netstat -nap". The routing table isn't too helpful
here :~)

  • Re: paging the network/TCP-isti
    ... Checking for open ports using grc.com ... showed these TCP connections to be 'stealthed'. ... If you do "netstat -na" it will display addresses ... Listening anyway means that there is NO connection. ...
    (uk.rec.motorcycles)
  • Re: Unknown ports
    ... BP>>> lsof | grep LISTEN ... BP> LISTEN to look for matches with netstat. ... BP>> clearly that you are running a NFS server. ... BP>>> how can it be listening when closed? ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)
  • Re: Socket connection issue
    ... It opens a socket connection to a process ... I copied the scripts over to another computer that's running IIS/PHP ... is not listening. ... Use netstat to see if your end point is listening on address 127.0.0.1, ...
    (comp.lang.php)
  • RE: howto list tcp-ip ports
    ... we can use the Netstat command to list all established and listening ... Microsoft CSS Online Newsgroup Support ... This newsgroup only focuses on SBS technical issues. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Netstat results - problem?
    ... listening corresponding to a port. ... Luca Vix Visconti wrote: ... >> Have I a trojan or does this look like normal netstat logs? ...
    (comp.security.misc)