Re: [fw-wiz] Ping between PIX remote peers

Can you alias a network?

On 4/26/06, Utz, Ralph <rutz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Based exactly as you have diagrammed, your setup will not work. You will
not be able to ping from end point to end point. The reason is because
the PIX will not send traffic out the same interface it came in on. In
this scenario, traffic from 192.168.51.0 is coming into the PIX on
interface0 and needs to go back out interface0 to get to 192.168.50.0
By design, the PIX will not pass this traffic.

  • PING to inside address goes thru translation and timesout
    ... I have just installed a PIX 501 and I'm having an odd issue with PING ... However when I try and ping these two machines from within my inside ... translation defined for them that have an issue. ...
    (comp.dcom.sys.cisco)
  • Re: Trouble with ISA2004 site-to-site to Cisco Pix 501
    ... "relevant" traffic is generated towards its IPSEC peer. ... > Pix 501 and we can establish the IPSEC site to site but they have to ... > they initiate a ping to one of our machines we ... > can then and only then ping them from that machine. ...
    (microsoft.public.isaserver)
  • RE: [fw-wiz] Cisco PiX 501 running 6.2 - Defying me for no reason
    ... >>connected with the PiX between it). ... > assign static IPs, so when I transfered the static to the firewall, the ... I cannot ping names, such as ... server and have it issue an IP and DNS server to your client PC? ...
    (Firewall-Wizards)
  • PIX and WinXP
    ... I have a WinXP machine which is connected to a PIX ... firewall on its inside interface. ... and connect via VPN to the PIX, they can ping themselves (for testing, ... limited in VPN connections, so this could also be the problem. ...
    (comp.dcom.vpn)
  • PIX & XP