Re: [fw-wiz] Access to firewalled server via dhcp'd internet connection

"Layer One" <layeronecfp@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Also, something to
consider, when you do pick a broadband provider, find out what ports
they block. I know there was a recent flap in my area because Comcast,
in their infinite wisdom, decided to not just block things like port
80/443/21 inbound, but also SSH and some of the ports things like
OpenVPN use. Obviously, with some trial and error you can pick an
inbound port they arent filtering on, but for f**ks sake, they should
just let you use your broadband for what you want to do with it.

I don't know if this still holds, but, once-upon-a-time, some/many of
the lower-end broadband providers (read: cable companies and ILECs)
prohibitied VPNing over residential broadband services - in-bound or

filtering. If you reply to this email and your email is
web form at <>.
firewall-wizards mailing list