Re: [fw-wiz] Access to firewalled server via dhcp'd internet connection
- From: jseymour@xxxxxxxxxxx (Jim Seymour)
- Date: Fri, 7 Apr 2006 16:48:40 -0400 (EDT)
"Layer One" <layeronecfp@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Also, something to
consider, when you do pick a broadband provider, find out what ports
they block. I know there was a recent flap in my area because Comcast,
in their infinite wisdom, decided to not just block things like port
80/443/21 inbound, but also SSH and some of the ports things like
OpenVPN use. Obviously, with some trial and error you can pick an
inbound port they arent filtering on, but for f**ks sake, they should
just let you use your broadband for what you want to do with it.
I don't know if this still holds, but, once-upon-a-time, some/many of
the lower-end broadband providers (read: cable companies and ILECs)
prohibitied VPNing over residential broadband services - in-bound or
Note: My mail server employs *very* aggressive anti-spam
filtering. If you reply to this email and your email is
rejected, please accept my apologies and let me know via my
web form at <http://jimsun.linxnet.com/scform.php>.
firewall-wizards mailing list
- Prev by Date: RE: [fw-wiz] Info Request: Looking for alternatives in HA/Load balancing firewalls that are also scalable and modular. . .
- Next by Date: Re: [fw-wiz] Assessment Of GoToMyPC vs. Network Security
- Previous by thread: Re: [fw-wiz] Access to firewalled server via dhcp'd internet connection
- Next by thread: Re: [fw-wiz] Access to firewalled server via dhcp'd internet connection