Re: [fw-wiz] Assessment Of GoToMyPC vs. Network Security

At 11:15 AM 4/4/2006, Jim Seymour wrote:

G'day all,

I've been asked to assess this product/service for our use. Follows
the security-oriented bits of my proprosed response. Have I got it
right? Something I'm missing? Too paranoid? Not paranoid enough? ;)

We block GoToMyPC here because it allows access past our firewall without any authentication under our control. If you want to block it, deny access to poll.gotomypc.com -- or better yet the whole subnet.

-- Joe