Re: [fw-wiz] Access to firewalled server via dhcp'd internet connection

on 6/4/06 11:44 pm, Michael at mike@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

How do I access my server through my firewall with a sourced dynamic IP
address????

Get yourself a dyndns service or similar, then write a script which does a
DNS lookup of your name and alters the IP in the ipfw ruleset accordingly.
Run from cron every 5 minutes.

Oliver.

  • time command usage
    ... I am monitoring my system to periodically check network performance ... (e.g. DNS lookup) ... using a script like this: ...
    (comp.sys.sun.admin)
  • Re: time command usage
    ... > I am monitoring my system to periodically check network performance ... > (e.g. DNS lookup) using a script like this: ...
    (comp.sys.sun.admin)
  • Re: [SLE] automaticaly send an IP change
    ... >> Is the host name consistent? ... you can just do a dns lookup. ... >> the host name changes with the IP, ... Until I made the script below that runs hourly. ...
    (SuSE)
  • =?Utf-8?Q?Change_the_collate_in_all_databa?= =?Utf-8?Q?se=C2=B4s_objects?=
    ... Somebody knows a script that let me change the collate in all database´s ... objects, i know the alters, but I have many objects ... Prev by Date: ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.setup)