Re: [fw-wiz] Assessment Of GoToMyPC vs. Network Security

On Tue, 4 Apr 2006, Jim Seymour wrote:

servers and network. There doesn't appear to be *anything* to
prevent any employee from signing up for their own GoToMyPC account,
installing the requisite software on their desktop, and having their
way with their desktop PC from anywhere in the world. There's really

You can control what software an employee can install, that's getting
easier/better in a Windows environment.

You can for instance, regularly download the software, MD5 it and block it
by MD5.

Paul

  • Re: [fw-wiz] Assessment Of GoToMyPC vs. Network Security
    ... installing the requisite software on their desktop, ... You can control what software an employee can install, ... tried to limit end-user access as much as ...
    (Firewall-Wizards)
  • Re: MD5 question
    ... I have a database of employee information used at a company I ... > I have a SSN field with of course each employee's SSN. ... > that two different SSN's would generate the same MD5 hash? ...
    (sci.crypt)
  • RE : a spy problem
    ... One option is the installing of a keylogging software or hardware. ... much easier than looking at logs from hundreds of machines. ... that the target employee was actually the one who sent ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Work Examiner 1.6
    ... As an employer or a manager of any level, ... specialized solution to tackle the problem of employee tracking. ... Installing a network ... Work Examiner allows you to set flexible policies for Internet and ...
    (comp.software.shareware.announce)
  • ZoneAlarm install signature
    ... Imagine downloading and installing a security tool like ... ZoneAlarm without verifying the install against an MD5 or ... PGP signature. ... I couldn't find any signatures on the zLabs web site. ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)