[fw-wiz] Info Request: Looking for alternatives in HA/Load balancing firewalls that are also scalable and modular. . .

. . . .Here's my situation:

We're currently spec'ing functional requirements for a new web-based implementation of a number of enterprise apps. One obvious problem is the firewall system: it needs to be both load-balancing and high-availability, AND scalable. We're still getting a feel for potential traffic, but we expect to have a requirement for in-line expansion of the system while remaining online.

One of the obvious candidates is the Nortel Alteon platform, but that also limits us to FW-1. We're nowhere close to downselect on a platform or a firewall, but I'm looking for alternative platforms to start getting info on, so we can make sure the requirements we develop can actually be IMPLEMENTED in reality. . .

Any help out there would be greatly appreciated. . . .

  • Re: Firewall for DMZ, LAN
    ... I am looking at using a firewall ... and have the Firewall system dedicated as a Firewall ... > Microsoft ISA (Internet Security and Acceleration Server) ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: Firewall for DMZ, LAN
    ... I am looking at using a firewall ... and have the Firewall system dedicated as a Firewall ... > Linux, but my boss would prefer something that will not take a lot to set ... > Merilus Gateway Guardian ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: [fw-wiz] Info Request: Looking for alternatives in HA/Load balancing firewalls that are also
    ... implementation of a number of enterprise apps. ... platform or a firewall, but I'm looking for alternative platforms to ...
    (Firewall-Wizards)
  • Re: router
    ... >> firewall system. ... Firewalls should be stripped down to the absolute ... > Snort, Tripwire, Socks Proxy, Ethereal, network security ...
    (alt.computer.security)
  • Re: Check Point Question
    ... My points were made to address an "inexpensive" platform, ... worse, in my opinion, is in OS cost to realized benefit. ... restrict it to serving only as a Firewall platform. ... To run an enterprise level firewall installed ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)