Re: [fw-wiz] PIX to PIX VPN from within a private network.

Thanks Patrick for the info,

I guess I was not clear at all in my orginal email, sorry to all who had to read my message a few times.

I do not have NAT configured on any device at home, all IPs I use on the internal network are Internet routable, excluding of course the
segment between the PIX and 827. I have an assigned block of IPs
which hang off the inside interface of the PIX. between the PIX and
my SOHO router (an 827 dsl router in this case) is a 10.0.0.0/24
network with two hosts in it, the PIX and the 827. The external
interface of the 827 has an ISP assigned IP which acts at the
gateway into this network.

At the moment I believe the solution will be to configure the 827 to be a bridge and go from there. The hopes are I'll be able to number the
outside interface of the PIX with the IP which the 827 currently uses on it's external interface.

danker,
greg

  • Re: Interesting problem with pix 515 UR
    ... Consider diabling Proxy arp on inside interface. ... This pix have only 2 ethernet interfaces; i have connected the ethernet0via a cross cable ... fixup protocol dns maximum-length 512 ... ntp server 194.100.206.70 source outside ...
    (comp.dcom.sys.cisco)
  • Interesting problem with pix 515 UR
    ... This pix have only 2 ethernet interfaces; i have connected the ethernet0via a cross cable ... interface FastEthernet0/21 ... fixup protocol dns maximum-length 512 ... ntp server 194.100.206.70 source outside ...
    (comp.dcom.sys.cisco)
  • Re: Implicit rule PIX
    ... >>So i have block acces from DMZ to inside first and then allow DMZ acces ... Given the above rule applied to the DMZ interface, ... the complete network is a public ip /24 network devided into ... The pix has to control who can talk to who, ...
    (comp.dcom.sys.cisco)
  • Re: Implicit rule PIX
    ... >>So i have block acces from DMZ to inside first and then allow DMZ acces ... Given the above rule applied to the DMZ interface, ... the complete network is a public ip /24 network devided into ... The pix has to control who can talk to who, ...
    (comp.dcom.sys.cisco)
  • Re: One internal network, VPN, 2 PIX
    ... all I can ping is the internal interface on the PIX that I'm VPN'ing in to. ... Do I need to add ACL's into the Corp PIX to allow the VPN traffic (I already ... the 192.168.200.* inside hosts, the inside hosts are going to ... so the interior hosts send responses to the 501); ...
    (comp.dcom.sys.cisco)