[fw-wiz] PIX debug packet not honoring proto
- From: Cat Okita <cat@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 3 Mar 2006 10:56:35 -0500 (EST)
I'm having an odd issue (which Cisco assures me I can't be having) where
debug packet <int> dst <ip> proto icmp
behaves completely differently on two identical pix 515Es running 6.3(4)
On one box, I get the expected result, which is that I see ICMP packets
destined for <ip>, and nothing else.
On the other box, I see all TCP and UDP packets destined for <ip>, and nothing else.
I've used 'undebug all', and 'sh debug' shows no debug rules, so I'm
a bit mystified about what I'm missing here.
Suggestions appreciated (I can't post the configs, but I can post parts
if there are specific areas to look at).
 Hardware identical, not config identical
 I haven't found any ICMP, but there's a metric ton of traffic flowing,
so it may be that I just don't see it.
 Without lengthy and extensive sanitization.
"A cat spends her life conflicted between a deep, passionate and profound
desire for fish and an equally deep, passionate and profound desire to
avoid getting wet. This is the defining metaphor of my life right now."
firewall-wizards mailing list
- Prev by Date: [fw-wiz] Help me interpret these log entries....
- Next by Date: Re: [fw-wiz] HTTP Proxy stripping actions
- Previous by thread: [fw-wiz] Help me interpret these log entries....
- Next by thread: [fw-wiz] Call for Papers: NSPW Deadline Extended