RE: [fw-wiz] Question on web proxy architecture
- From: "Paul Melson" <pmelson@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2006 09:51:20 -0500
Subject: RE: [fw-wiz] Question on web proxy architecture
The AV is a separate entity on the same subnetprotocol.
The AV is forwarded all uncached content from the proxy via the ICAP
As i understand it, the AV just responds to the proxy not the client.
This sounds like a pretty flexible solution. If both proxies are
single-homed, the web proxy can suffer performance problems since it will
handle each request and response 2 or 3 times on a single interface. If
it's 100TX and the Internet connection is a 1.5Mbps T1, it won't be a
problem, but you get the idea.
firewall-wizards mailing list
- Prev by Date: Re: [fw-wiz] parsing logs ultra-fast inline
- Next by Date: [fw-wiz] HTTP Proxy stripping actions
- Previous by thread: Re: [fw-wiz] parsing logs ultra-fast inline
- Next by thread: [fw-wiz] HTTP Proxy stripping actions