[fw-wiz] Pix - Netscreen IPSec w/certs interoperability

Esteemed Wizards:
Is trying to configure an IPSec tunnel between a Netscreen and a Pix using certificates for authentication a fool's errand? Myself and a colleague have been working this off and on for several days. A tunnel using pre-shared keys comes up just fine but when using certs issued by his CA, we get obscure errors. When I ping Cisco tech support about it, they reply "not supported". Are they just being obstructive or do wizards on this list know of technical reasons why this won't work?
tia,
jd

  • Pix - Netscreen IPSec w/certs interoperability
    ... Is trying to configure an IPSec tunnel between a Netscreen and a Pix ... using certificates for authentication a fool's errand? ... colleague have been working this off and on for several days. ... When I ping Cisco tech support about it, ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Pix - Netscreen IPSec w/certs interoperability
    ... Is trying to configure an IPSec tunnel between a Netscreen and a Pix ... using certificates for authentication a fool's errand? ... colleague have been working this off and on for several days. ... When I ping Cisco tech support about it, ...
    (comp.dcom.vpn)
  • Re: Pix - Netscreen IPSec w/certs interoperability
    ... Is trying to configure an IPSec tunnel between a Netscreen and a Pix ... When I ping Cisco tech support about it, ... That would be a *very* tough interop, I don't think either side will likely ... All I can say is initiate from the Cisco to the NetScreen, ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)