[fw-wiz] Object Filler / Object Dumper version 2.2 released!

Hello people!

After some beta testing and documents updates, I'm proud to announce
that Object Filler and Object Dumper version 2.2 are being released
today - I'm attaching a copy of the "What's new" doc.

For those of you that don't know the tools, Object Dumper is a tool
that "dumps" the objects configuration of your Check Point SmartCenter
to a CSV format.

Object Filler can convert objects configuration from other firewall
brands (Such as PIX, NetScreen, Sidewinder, Raptor and Gautlet) and
leave those in a Check Point format; and as well can assist on bulk
creation/modification/moves of your SmartCenter objects.

The tools are free (as in free beer) and publicly available at the
following sites:
http://ofiller.chatscope.com (already there - in the downloads section)
http://www.lindercentral.com/ofiller (will be there very soon)
http://www.cpug.org (will be there very soon)

The size of the package is: 4,205,207 bytes
The MD5 signature for it is: ECDAE8F1FD4C273D6E164186D36C72BA

The tools come with documentation, and a Tutorial guide that describes
step-by-step how to perform some of the basic and some of the most
powerful operations with them

As a last thing, I would like to remind you all that even thoug they
work fine and have been tested, the tools are NOT officially supported
by Check Point nor anybody else - which as you know, it means that you
may not call Chek Point support on this, and if something goes wrong
with the tools, you are on your own... :-)

If you have any feedback, I'll be glad on getting it! :-)

Enjoy!

- Martín.
* Unofficial/unsupported Object Filler and Object Dumper for Check Point's *
* SmartCenter Server and Provider-1 MDS - Developed by Martin Hoz *
* (c) 2003-2005 by Check Point Software Technologies, Ltd. and subsidiaries *
* Version 2.2 - December 2005 *

What's New
* Object Filler
- Fixed bug: When there was a comma in the comments field of the object,
Object Filler didn't behave well. Now it works correctly.
- Fixed bug: Alert was not properly recognized as a Track option for security
rules. Now is recognized and applied properly.
- Fixed bug: Under some circumstances, IP ranges were not processed properly
throwing an error ?Found out that specified parameters don't make sense as
specified object type requires. Ignoring...? ? Now all the Object Ranges are
under all circumstances processed correctly.
- Now when processing Service Groups, Object Filler recognizes if the service
being added is a predefined one. If it is a predefined service, then it
processes it successfully even though such service was not explicitly
processed during the program execution.
- Now when importing from PIX configurations, it does Service Group
recognition with the properly group type (TCP/UDP) for the services.
- Added support to configure Host Objects as Mail and DNS Servers. Useful in
R55W and R60.
- Added support for InterSpect gateways. Useful from R55W and up.
- Added support for Connectra gateways. Useful from R60 and up.
- Added support for Multicast Address Ranges. Useful on R60 only.
- Added support for Empty Groups (groups that have no elements inside them)..
- Added support for Groups with Exclusion (groups with Exceptions).
- Different policy packages are now recognized properly using the keywork
?rulebase_header?. Object Filler recognized, imports and process these tags
appropriately.
- Tested to work properly on Provider-1 NGX R60 and SmartCenter NGX R60 (with
some limitations. Please read the limitations section)

* Object Dumper
- Added support to recognize Host Objects as Mail and DNS Servers. Useful in
R55W and R60.
- Added support for Multicast Address Ranges. Useful on R60 only.
- Added support for InterSpect gateways. Useful from R55W and up.
- Added support for Connectra gateways. Useful from R60 and up.
- Added support for Empty Groups (groups that have no elements inside them)..
- Added support for Groups with Exclusion (groups with Exceptions)
- Different policy packages are now recognized properly using the keywork
?rulebase_header?. Object Dumper exports these tags appropriately.
- Now Object Dumper recognized the default objects by Object Type and not only
by object name.

* Documentation
- Created a Tutorial document, meant to be a step-by-step document to be
followed to perform some of the basic and powerful operations with the tools.
- Created a Provider-1 objects manipulation document, that shows (Among other
things) how to move objects between CMAs and the MDS Global Objects Database.
- Added to the Documentation a ?medium-level? (not too technical but not too
light) Presentation about the tools.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Swing Migration from SBS 2003 to new SBS 2003 box
    ... If a typical migration used to ... You can swing from a plain old NT4 non-Exchange domain to a 2003 ... Microsoft offered nothing like this in the form of documentation, ... did not want to support the process I had outlined, ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Swing Migration from SBS 2003 to new SBS 2003 box
    ... If a typical migration used to ... You can swing from a plain old NT4 non-Exchange domain to a 2003 ... Microsoft offered nothing like this in the form of documentation, ... they did not want to support the process I had outlined, ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Umove to Migrate SBS to new hardware
    ... Anyone interested can ask around to get opinions on Swing Migration from ... In my documentation, I cite background KBs and whitepapers constantly to ... support, even if I was walking them through the ADMT paper or something else ... provided a proper tool to migrate SBS servers. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: ASP .NET 2.0 Unanswered questions...
    ... can you provide any documentation to support your results? ... upset towards me when all I've done is present more evidence and logic to support my case. ... I think it's a matter of deductive reasoning and facts. ... I've told you that for five years now, I've used the code-behind model ...
  • Re: Migrating from SBS 2000 to SBS 2003 onto new hardware
    ... First, you posted a request for Swing Migration, but perhaps you didn't know ... Microsoft offered nothing like this in the form of documentation, ... they then or will they now provide you support in doing a "Swing Migration". ... "Microsoft Small Business Server 2003 Advanced Best Practices" ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)