Re: [fw-wiz] FW appliance comparison - Seeking input for the forum

On Wed, 25 Jan 2006, Avishai Wool wrote:

> Paul didn't say where he got that tidbit from (and 87.3% of all statistics
> are made up anyway :-) but if you want some hard numbers to back up
> the spirit of his claim, you can check out:

I don't have a direct citation, and since I haven't seen the data behind
the study, I'm hesitant to go too far with citations, but I've been doing
this for a while, and it pretty-much matches with my experiences in the
field, if it's not a little too rosy a picture.

> http://www.eng.tau.ac.il/~yash/computer2004.pdf

Excellent, some real data- which seems to back up both the study I had in
mind as well as my direct experience. Frightening, but it should be
required reading (and as an industry, we really need a mechanism to do
wider-scale studies such as this.)

Thanks,

Paul

  • Re: Thomas Covenant series
    ... dimensions and statistics. ... Paul and Babe were obviously each able to change size as required for ...
    (rec.arts.sf.composition)
  • Re: When the cats away, the mice will play :-)
    ... On 5/31/13 7:11 PM, Paul J Gans wrote: ... honesty and benevolence has more effect on men's conduct, ...
    (talk.origins)
  • Re: what does michaels expert believe?
    ... Margo caught on very early that your cites and statistics were bunk, and decided not to waste her time, especially considering Paul and CB were doing all that was needed in that area. ... It's like smokers, ...
    (alt.med.fibromyalgia)
  • Re: What happened to Paul Miller?
    ... > something about the statistics of our measurements. ... > criteria is up for negotiation - I'm not insisting anything at this ... I'm willing to spot Paul the expertise on the point spreads, ...
    (sci.physics.relativity)