Re: [fw-wiz] RE: IDS (was: FW appliance comparison)

Cat Okita wrote:
>... but I'm not thinking of a 'little' bit of logging. I'm thinking of
>"look at everything that could -possibly- be of interest".

Isn't that what a "firewall" does?? I mean how could you call
the thing a "firewall" if it did less than that? That'd be pretty
lame, wouldn't it?

mjr.

  • Re: Data Mining for PIX Firewall Logs
    ... Data Mining for PIX Firewall Logs ... > Can anyone here please suggest to me some type of logging and more ...
    (Pen-Test)
  • RE: [fw-wiz] Log checking?
    ... tend to evaluate where and what logging is important in a different light. ... I've been happy to analyze a year's worth of firewall denied logs, ... have denied firewall traffic logs or denied logs with any relevant data. ...
    (Firewall-Wizards)
  • Re: Audit logons from outside local ip range
    ... > implement a software firewall to track logon attempts from unauthorized IP ... > address as you can with Ipsec filtering policy, ... > give you the kind of logging you want and is more difficult to configure ... >> I know how to setup enabling logging successful and unsuccessful logins. ...
  • Re: CheckPoint FireWall on Sun Netra X1 and/or T1 units
    ... >prefer the ipf based ones for clearer syntax, clearer logging, better ... As for "parsable logging": it could be better. ... It doesnt log in full ascii, ... eg: a real corporate-level firewall. ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: [fw-wiz] RE: IDS (was: FW appliance comparison)
    ... >>Cat Okita wrote: ... but I'm not thinking of a 'little' bit of logging. ... > possibly be of interest" (which is not what I want my firewall to do - ... I want the IDS to be an overly sensitive ...
    (Firewall-Wizards)