Re: [fw-wiz] FW appliance comparison - Seeking input for the forum

On 1/18/06, Paul Melson <pmelson@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> [...]

(many) appliances tend to be marketing led. I mean, the reasoning
behind developing the products comes from the marketing people rather
than techies. There are vendors out there that will sell you anti-spam
on firewall if you really want all-in-one boxes. Why would you want an
IDS on the same machine as a firewall? Its not going to work. It will
not have enough signatures to give you the sort of security you need.

sai

sai

  • Re: E fu allora che il modem =?ISO-8859-1?Q?mor=EC=2E?=
    ... Sai se il firewall è ... disattivabile del tutto? ...
    (it.comp.macintosh)
  • Re: firewalls
    ... I need to set up a firewall for our office. ... and to be able to open certain ports on incoming traffic ... Will Cisco ASA 5500 series do this, or does anyone else know a better ... switches in order to assign different user groups to different VLANs ...
    (comp.dcom.sys.cisco)
  • Re: Pre-purchase Question about PIX 515E
    ... Cisco ASA 5500 Series Firewall Edition for the Enterprise ... I know their uk prices but for similar products they are similar price. ...
    (comp.dcom.sys.cisco)
  • Thunderbird problem?
    ... All of this started after we installed a Cisco ASA 5500 firewall at ... Outlook Express works fine for him, and Thunderbird works fine ... for my home computer. ...
    (comp.dcom.sys.cisco)
  • Re: searching a firewall
    ... I am searching a firewall for my company ... and I and lookimg isa server or firewall as cisco asa 5505 ... Calling an illegal alien an "undocumented worker" is like calling a ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)