Re: [fw-wiz] IPTables is not forwarding traffic for PPTP or VNC
- From: Julian Gomez <kluivert@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2006 14:15:38 +0800
Alex L wrote:
Hi all !
I'm new on this list...
I've got a problem with IPTables ( Fedora Core 2 ) rules which are just not working at all ..
I've added PREROUTING rules to forward incoming traffic to a Server. SMTP forwarding is working, but not PPTP + GRE or VNC !
I thought, it might be a limitation in the FORWARD so I set the default POLICY to ALLOW instead of DROP and removed all rules which would apply to PPTP or GRE to make sure they don't interfere.
But still - it just didn't work ..
Does anybody know if I need an update of IPTables ? I actually
installed the latest stable version and compilation went fine.
For PPTP, you need to ensure that the pptp_conntrack_* modules are loaded. Depending on
which distribution you use, they might not be readily available; so you'll need to recompile
from source. At least, that's how it was when I last played with it about 2-3 years ago ;-)
_______________________________________________ firewall-wizards mailing list firewall-wizards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx http://honor.icsalabs.com/mailman/listinfo/firewall-wizards
- Prev by Date: Re: [fw-wiz] PIX v7: routing without NAT?
- Next by Date: Re: [fw-wiz] FW appliance comparison - Seeking input for the forum
- Previous by thread: Re: [fw-wiz] IPTables is not forwarding traffic for PPTP or VNC
- Next by thread: [fw-wiz] FW appliance comparison - Seeking input for the forum