Re: [fw-wiz] IPTables is not forwarding traffic for PPTP or VNC

Alex L wrote:

Hi all !

I'm new on this list...

I've got a problem with IPTables ( Fedora Core 2 ) rules which are
just not working at all ..

I've added PREROUTING rules to forward incoming traffic to a Server.
SMTP forwarding is working, but not PPTP + GRE or VNC !

I thought, it might be a limitation in the FORWARD so I set the
default POLICY to ALLOW instead of DROP and removed all rules which
would apply to PPTP or GRE to make sure they don't interfere.

But still - it just didn't work ..

Does anybody know if I need an update of IPTables ? I actually
installed the latest stable version and compilation went fine.

For PPTP, you need to ensure that the pptp_conntrack_* modules are loaded. Depending on
which distribution you use, they might not be readily available; so you'll need to recompile
from source. At least, that's how it was when I last played with it about 2-3 years ago ;-)