[fw-wiz] FWSM & HSRP problems

Hi all,

I configured the FWSM for failover in transparent mode (L2 inside, L3 Outside)
with multiple-context, I created the admin andd Mail context at the moment I
would like to be able to ping any outside IP address so I allowed all the
traffic to pass thorugh the FWSM. I bridged also the vlans on the 6500 to allow
the comunications between the context and other vlans. The problem I have at
the moment is that from any workstation that belongs to the admin context vlan
I'm not able to reach any other outside address. I solved the problem
pointing the Admin context default static route to the physical SVI interface
instead of using the virtual HSRP address but in this case I will not have
redundancy on the c6500. Anybody had the same problems?

Regards
Ruggero Delcuratolo

  • Re: Being logged on as admin and user at the same time (in XP)?
    ... i have a security questions of sorts. ... would the admin account be ok if i had it running while i ... while doing other stuff in that same context. ...
  • Re: Being logged on as admin and user at the same time (in XP)?
    ... i have a security questions of sorts. ... would the admin account be ok if i had it running while i ... while doing other stuff in that same context. ...
    (comp.os.ms-windows.nt.admin.security)
  • Re: VB 6 and Vista problem
    ... delivered the context of the admin-account, whose login-Data I used to run ... Only now can I see them in my original account! ... The fact, that I, as a normal user, execute a program with admin-rights, ... Seems to me, that each and every program, that is installed with admin ...
  • Re: BEWARE: New EULA lets MS ADMIN YOUR Systems!
    ... It's put out of context but I believe some common sense is ... applicable - under any circumstances the admin assigns permissions in the ... > Scenarios always come in sets of three: ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Re: FWSM 3.1(7): DNS static causes lost connectivity
    ... firewall migration suddenly loose external and internal access to ... I finally moved the statics for our two DNSes with authority over our ... As soon as these statics were entered in the FWSM and traffic ... Are you routing context to context? ...
    (comp.dcom.sys.cisco)