RE: [fw-wiz] Single Exchange/OWA on LAN with Internet Access - a good

From: Kim, Cameron (CKim_at_mdea.com)
Date: 11/17/05

    To: "Ravdal, Stig" <SRavdal@Quiznos.com>, <firewall-wizards@honor.icsalabs.com>
    Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2005 11:34:36 -0800

    If you go back a couple months, there should be a thread about FE/BE
    design, particularly whether you would want to put an FE exchange server
    in the DMZ or an ISA Server. That should provide you with some more
    info.

    Another idea is to put a ISA 2004 server in the DMZ (or if it is your
    perimeter firewall), use it to terminate the OWA connection (preferrably
    using SSL) and proxy the request back to the exchange server. Its safer
    that just tunneling the connection through and you have a bit of
    granular control.

    Cameron Kim