Re: [fw-wiz] Question about setting up PIX firewall

From: Carric Dooley (carric_at_com2usa.com)
Date: 11/08/05

    To: Matthew Davis <mdavis3@csulb.edu>
    Date: Tue, 8 Nov 2005 00:00:31 -0500 (EST)

    Matthew... posting your firewall config (esp. in its entirety, an
    apparenlty mostly unchanged) is a HUGE no-no. Somone footprinting your
    company now has a lot of good info how to smack you down...

    I apologize, but I'm too shocked to comment on the actual config. Serious
    "newb" booboo. You should smack yourself for real.

    I will add, however, that (despite how much I hate when people post
    solutions of "go to www.rtfm.com") Cisco's site has multiple sample
    configurations for a myriad of situations and needs.

    --
    Carric Dooley
    COM2:Interactive Media USA

    • Re: EPP Cost vs. Coupon Cost?
      ... Jay is right, don't get the, McAfee Security Center with ... VirusScan, Firewall, Spyware Removal, 15-months. ... i routinely buy the 1.83 for around $800 in your config. ... Network Card and Modem Integrated 10/100 Network Card and Modem ...
      (alt.sys.pc-clone.dell)
    • RE: Configure Firewall fails
      ... 39856232-Configure Firewall fails. ... Microsoft CSS Online Newsgroup Support ... This newsgroup only focuses on SBS technical issues. ... <configuration, it completes all steps (Network Config, Secure Web Site ...
      (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
    • RE: [fw-wiz] Cisco VPN Client "Stateful Firewall (Always On)"
      ... under network config in Windows 2000/NT. ... I have insisted that a firewall be included in this ... Basically, as I understand it, this feature allows all outbound ... connections while active, and all inbound connections originally established ...
      (Firewall-Wizards)
    • Re: ip masquerading
      ... > Your firewall rules look, uh, ugly, meaning, not meant for human eyes. ... > resulted from the inclusion of the rp-pppoe.so plugin in my DSL config ...
      (Debian-User)
    • [VulnWatch] FVS318 Config stores usernames/passwds in plain text
      ... Netgear's FVS318 Firewall/VPN/Router stores Usernames and Passwords ... ProSafe VPN Firewall provides business-class protection at a NAT router ... The web interface includes a backup option to store your current config ...
      (VulnWatch)