Re: [fw-wiz] PIX Dual line Internet HDSL and ADSL

From: Brian Loe (knobdy_at_gmail.com)
Date: 11/03/05

    To: dan@linder.org
    Date: Thu, 3 Nov 2005 09:28:48 -0600

    Okay, so to summarize form everyone's posts (and thank you, btw):

    We're using HSRP as it was designed but there might be some issues in
    that since we're probably not using BGP correctly and the
    secondary/stand-by router is still getting traffic.

    We need to look more deeply into what our ISP is supposed to be
    providing and see if it/they actually are providing that. I would have
    to guess they are not since we're not seeing nearly enough traffic on
    the secondary router - and it's bound to be the shortest route from
    some parts of the 'Net.

    On the right track or still confused? And I see that this is off-topic
    so feel free to respond off-list.