[fw-wiz] 7.0 Pix software capabilities

From: James Wyant (jwyant_at_skylight.com)
Date: 11/02/05

    To: "Alan Holmes" <aholmes@jrholmes.com>, "Vahid Pazirandeh" <vpaziran@yahoo.com>, <firewall-wizards@honor.icsalabs.com>
    Date: Wed, 2 Nov 2005 11:28:39 -0800

    All,

    Does anyone know if software version 7.0 has the ability to transfer the
    mac address of a device on the outside interface to the inside secure
    interface without altering it.

    I have a need to put a pix between a public wireless network and my
    network gateway which requires the mac address of the user to determine
    if they are new member trying to attach to the gateway.

    Those of you who travel can think of how such a system word work in a
    hotel environment.

    J.