[fw-wiz] New Webboard

From: Paul D. Robertson (paul_at_compuwar.net)
Date: 11/02/05

    To: firewall-wizards@honor.icsalabs.com
    Date: Wed, 2 Nov 2005 12:31:55 -0500 (EST)

    I've been playing around with some Web forum software, and figured that
    since it appears to be working so far, I'd open it up to a wider audience.

    It's pretty-much all security related fora, not much content so far- but
    hopefully this will change that.

    http://fora.compuwar.net

    It's not meant to replace, or substitute for mailing lists- I've
    just found over the last several months that there are times I want to
    pull content instead of having it pushed to me, and there are times when
    having narrower scope is good (so there are enough topics that everyone
    can avoid the ones they don't like.)

    Several of the fora are registration-only, and they don't show up unless
    you register. A few folks have been playing so far, but mostly it's been
    me.

    This will also give me an idea of what sort of load the VPS its on will
    handle. Hopefully it'll do ok.

    If you're allergic to Web-based fora, feel free to ignore this message...

    Thanks,

    Paul

    • Re: free jazz anyone?
      ... Paul Kirk wrote: ... Playing "free" is a great way to open a rehearsal, ... > has to play free music with intensity for it to have any impact. ... > be a big time free improvisor without being able to play a simple ...
      (rec.music.makers.guitar.jazz)
    • Another review of Paul at Amoeba
      ... A friend of mine sent me this. ... YEARS LATER PAUL McCARTNEY IS PLAYING IT RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME! ... talking about "Beatles '65" on Christmas Day 1964 in the ...
      (rec.music.beatles)
    • Re: Problems with Tone while playing Hideaway
      ... The story goes that Kossoff's Les Paul ... there's a 10 minute clip of Free playing in 1970 at Ealing ... college, shot by Simon Kossoff as a college project - UNFORTUNATELY, Simon ... I need your memories for the Amiga Games Database: ...
      (alt.guitar)
    • Re: big fish in a small pond
      ... That's great, Paul. ... opportunities for bringing out the best in your playing. ... > Jesse Nolan on drums, Gustavo Bugni on keyboard, Kyle Quass ... > but I'm proud of this gig. ...
      (rec.music.makers.guitar.jazz)
    • Re: Paul Delong
      ... I first met Paul when my high school band was opening for an act he was ... Paul is a great guy and a PHENOMENAL drummer. ... him way back in the 80's when he was playing with Max Webster. ... I need to go dig it out and do some shedding with it again. ...
      (rec.music.makers.percussion)