RE: [fw-wiz] Pix VPN endpoint and split-tunnel

From: Charlie Winckless (
Date: 10/17/05

    To: "Hughes, Chris" <>
    Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2005 09:48:55 -0600

    On Wed, 2005-10-12 at 11:23 -0400, Hughes, Chris wrote:
    > That's pretty much what I read. I thought they may have provided a fix
    > by now. As for the workarounds, this is for a business partner network
    > and I've already presented them with the "spend" option and they don't
    > want to.

    This whole 'no out the same interface' game is why I really dislike
    a PIX for VPN termination. Even a cheap router is a good call. (1801).

    Its much cheaper than an ASA, can hang off another interface, etc.

    (Of course -- I work for a Cisco partner; I'm biased. :) )

    > Another reply I got here from Simon expressed the possibility that PIX
    > 7.x supports this. (split horizon?)
    PIX 7.0 supports hub and spoke VPN routing, but only hub and spoke; I
    don't think you can generically turn around and send data UNENCRYPTED
    out of the same interface it came in -- only encrypted.

    > Anybody?
    > - Chris

    Charlie Winckless, CCIE #7331     u:
    Senior Consulting Engineer        e:
    Internetworking Experts           p:   (505) 256-9047 x 144
                                      f:         (505) 256-9091
                                      PGP ID:        0xAB284BD0
      A: Why is top posting frowned upon

    firewall-wizards mailing list