Re: [fw-wiz] Pix VPN endpoint and split-tunnel

From: Victor Williams (vbwilliams_at_neb.rr.com)
Date: 10/14/05

    To: Paul Melson <pmelson@gmail.com>
    Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2005 22:50:24 -0500

    I might add though that at least with the ASA 5520 (the closest thing to
    a PIX 515E unrestricted) you will it about $300 more than the PIX...and
    you get OS 7 (with more stuff than is available on the PIX OS 7) and gig
    copper interfaces everywhere.

    To answer the original question, although I haven't tried it yet, I
    believe the ASA units will do what you want.

    Lastly, if you're going to go the ASA route, let the OS mature for at
    least a nother general deployment release before you implement. The
    most current version is just full of bugs and annoyances.

    Paul Melson wrote:
> [...]

    • Re: [fw-wiz] Thoughts on the new Cisco ASA 5500 firewalls
      ... I just spoke with a Cisco sales rep about this. ... > Cisco is marketing the ASA 5500 appliances as PIX, VPN Concentrator, Secure ... > least out of scope features, ...
      (Firewall-Wizards)
    • Re: [fw-wiz] Pix VPN endpoint and split-tunnel
      ... > ASA 7.0. ... > VPN3K software. ... It requires a memory upgrade, but you can upgrade a 5xx series ... PIX to version 7.x of the PIX OS. ...
      (Firewall-Wizards)
    • Re: VPN from my PC to work through ASA
      ... I am trying to connect remotely via VPN to this Cisco Pix, however, I ... think the ASA is not allowing this. ...
      (comp.dcom.sys.cisco)
    • Difference between PIX and ASA
      ... can someone explain me the differnces between a PIX and an ASA, especial a PIX 515E/R and an ASA 5510 plus. ... I have the problem to combine and expand our PIX based network with a watchguard and soho-router based network. ... In the first step i will replace the 2port Watchguard on the other mainoffice with a PIX or ASA with minimal 3 NICs to implement among other things a DMZ, site-to-site VPN and the possibility for the use of the Cisco VPN-Client. ...
      (comp.dcom.sys.cisco)
    • RE: [fw-wiz] Pix VPN endpoint and split-tunnel
      ... this is for a business partner network and I've already ... RIPv2 (and therefore split horizon routing) are available as part of Cisco ... VPN3K software. ... will only work on the ASA 5500 models, which will still cost your business ...
      (Firewall-Wizards)