RE: [fw-wiz] Pix VPN endpoint and split-tunnel

From: Paul Melson (pmelson_at_gmail.com)
Date: 10/12/05

    To: "'Hughes, Chris'" <Chris.Hughes@thalescomminc.com>, <firewall-wizards@honor.icsalabs.com>
    Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2005 14:44:04 -0400

    -----Original Message-----
    Subject: RE: [fw-wiz] Pix VPN endpoint and split-tunnel

    > That's pretty much what I read. I thought they may have provided a fix by
    now. As for
    > the workarounds, this is for a business partner network and I've already
    presented them
    > with the "spend" option and they don't want to.
    >
    > Another reply I got here from Simon expressed the possibility that PIX 7.x
    supports
    > this. (split horizon?)

    RIPv2 (and therefore split horizon routing) are available as part of Cisco
    ASA 7.0. It's my understanding that this is actually an adaptation of the
    VPN3K software. But unless something has changed recently, this software
    will only work on the ASA 5500 models, which will still cost your business
    partner money. Sorry, no free lunch for them.

    PaulM