Re: [fw-wiz] The home user problem returns

From: Paul D. Robertson (paul_at_compuwar.net)
Date: 10/05/05

    To: "Marcus J. Ranum" <mjr@ranum.com>
    Date: Wed, 5 Oct 2005 14:53:54 -0400 (EDT)

    On Wed, 5 Oct 2005, Marcus J. Ranum wrote:

    > That's a great idea!!! Offer everyone $5k/year less than you normally would
    > pay them, and give them a $5k bonus at the end of the year if they show
    > that they've been a "good security camper"!
    > ...and the bean counters would love it because if employees terminated
    > before the bonus, they just penalized themselves (and saved the company)
    > $5k! :)

    Then you could ROI the IT department by sending everyone a carefully
    engineered EICAR file...

    Paul

    • Re: RE:REQ: Siemens 7 software please
      ... I'd love to have a copy of Siemens 7 since I'm about to get a job ... You may send me a bonus of 10% of your pay increase. ... Paul ...
      (sci.electronics.design)
    • Re: Goodbye Michael
      ... I also discern an undercurrent along the lines of "We, the people, pay ... wage for doing their jobs badly (very little new legislation receives ... Dennis 'Schmoozer' Stevenson are paid totally, ... and ignoring his pension contribs and bonus, ...
      (alt.usage.english)
    • Re: OT - Tax
      ... You receive a hefty bonus in month 3, ... 'tax-free' amount by a lot more than normal so you pay extra tax (and ...
      (uk.rec.motorcycles)
    • Re: Giuliani: Corporate plums help keep NYC afloat -- NOT
      ... Paul J Gans wrote: ... At the lower levels, ... you could make your claims on the "pool" of bonus bucks. ...
      (soc.history.medieval)
    • Re: ROYAL FLUSH
      ... You were playing 6/5 Bonus Poker, ... I always start looking at the pay tables and start questioning ...
      (rec.gambling.poker)