RE: [fw-wiz] The home user problem returns

From: Eugene Kuznetsov (eugene_at_datapower.com)
Date: 09/13/05

    To: "'Paul Melson'" <pmelson@gmail.com>, "'Mason Schmitt'" <mason@schmitt.ca>, "'Marcus J. Ranum'" <mjr@ranum.com>
    Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2005 10:39:56 -0400

    > > YES!!! And the fact that there are groups that are working hard at
    > maintaining that
    > > anonymity bothers me. I know that there's always the
    > concern about Big
    > Brother, or
    > > worse and far more plausible, abuse of any large scale
    > trust/authentication systems
    > > that get setup in the future.
    >
    > ?! <Paul makes Scooby Doo noise> ?!
    >
    > I fear that you and Marcus have mistaken privacy for anonymity. Just
    > because something isn't transparent end-to-end, doesn't mean
    > it's anonymous.

    Yahoo ordered to share reporter's e-mail

    SEP. 10 7:20 A.M. ET Yahoo had to comply with a demand by Chinese
    authorities to provide information about a personal e-mail of a journalist
    who was later convicted under state secrecy laws and sentenced to 10 years
    in prison, the company's co-founder Jerry Yang said Saturday
    http://www.businessweek.com/ap/financialnews/D8CHC32G0.htm