[fw-wiz] Windows VPN/RRAS traffic through watchguard

From: Danny (nocmonkey_at_gmail.com)
Date: 08/31/05

    To: firewall-wizards@honor.icsalabs.com
    Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2005 14:54:19 -0400

    I thought with firewalls, traffic is either allowed or it's not
    allowed. :) Well, in this case, a Watchguard is connected directly to
    the Internet via broadband DSL modem (no router). Rules on the
    Watchguard have been configured to allow PPTP VPN (Windows-based PPTP
    VPN, nothing fancy or 3rd party client software) traffic through to an
    ISA server.

    Now, a VPN "connection" is established from the Internet into the ISA
    server without a problem, however VPN traffic through the tunnel does
    not work most of the time. It's inconsistent but primarily does not
    work.

    So, now I try without the Watchguard in the picture, and the tunnel
    carries traffic just fine - as it should.

    Has anyone ever experience such a problem?

    Thank you,

    ...D