[fw-wiz] Windows VPN/RRAS traffic through watchguard

From: Danny (nocmonkey_at_gmail.com)
Date: 08/31/05

    To: firewall-wizards@honor.icsalabs.com
    Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2005 14:54:19 -0400

    I thought with firewalls, traffic is either allowed or it's not
    allowed. :) Well, in this case, a Watchguard is connected directly to
    the Internet via broadband DSL modem (no router). Rules on the
    Watchguard have been configured to allow PPTP VPN (Windows-based PPTP
    VPN, nothing fancy or 3rd party client software) traffic through to an
    ISA server.

    Now, a VPN "connection" is established from the Internet into the ISA
    server without a problem, however VPN traffic through the tunnel does
    not work most of the time. It's inconsistent but primarily does not
    work.

    So, now I try without the Watchguard in the picture, and the tunnel
    carries traffic just fine - as it should.

    Has anyone ever experience such a problem?

    Thank you,

    ...D

    • Re: site to site VPN - need suggestions on VPN routers and folder synchronization
      ... the Watchguard firewalls are very good. ... assigned to each firewall in order to build the IPSEC VPN. ... You can build similar infrastructure with Cisco routers and firewalls. ...
      (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
    • VPN for 11 users
      ... office of 5 users via VPN. ... Some firewalls (like the Watchguard I'm most ... I'm also searching for any commercial software that can keep two servers ...
      (comp.security.firewalls)
    • RE: Firewall Hardware Recommendations
      ... WatchGuard has you pay for VPN lic's. ... Is the PIX fast? ... What cisco firewall do you currently have and what version OS ...
      (Security-Basics)
    • Re: Branch Office MVBASE network access
      ... the "X Core" range supports up to 50 VPN links to branches. ... The watchguard also has various options. ... All the users use a thin client winterm ... Each of the factories just has a Cisco 1700 and an 8 or 16 port hub! ...
      (comp.databases.pick)
    • Re: Firebox 1000 WG and VPN problem. Assistance request. TIA.
      ... of time with watchguard today and came to the same conclusion...this ... It's too bad that you've had to do that, but with many boxes that's really ... Check in the knowledgebase for the search terms "overlapping subnets vpn" to ...
      (comp.security.firewalls)