Re: [fw-wiz] UPS Worldship connection problems with new firewall device

From: Keith A. Glass (salgak_at_speakeasy.net)
Date: 08/26/05

    To: "Servie Platon" <servie_tech@yahoo.com>, firewall-wizards@honor.icsalabs.com
    Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2005 17:32:29 +0000

    For starters:

    1. Create a rule allowing all ports to and from the 153.2.x.x network.

    That should get you connected. It's not as secure, but should work. . .

    2. Call the UPS help desk. Ask SPECIFICALLY what ports and protocols are used by the following apps: gethostip.exe, shipups.exe, upslnkmg.exe

    Then tailor the rule you created in #1 to allow bi-directional traffic on those ports and protocols (or port ranges) specified by the UPS Helpdesk. . .