Re: [fw-wiz] UPS Worldship connection problems with new firewall device

From: Keith A. Glass (salgak_at_speakeasy.net)
Date: 08/26/05

    To: "Servie Platon" <servie_tech@yahoo.com>, firewall-wizards@honor.icsalabs.com
    Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2005 17:32:29 +0000

    For starters:

    1. Create a rule allowing all ports to and from the 153.2.x.x network.

    That should get you connected. It's not as secure, but should work. . .

    2. Call the UPS help desk. Ask SPECIFICALLY what ports and protocols are used by the following apps: gethostip.exe, shipups.exe, upslnkmg.exe

    Then tailor the rule you created in #1 to allow bi-directional traffic on those ports and protocols (or port ranges) specified by the UPS Helpdesk. . .

    • Re: Root exploit for FreeBSD
      ... for two ports to my FreeBSD portscluster nodes. ... and it gives the firewall ... US this is also quite common, at least with regards to University ... if your computer is going to connect on our network it must be configured in certain ways and behave "normally" or you won't get a connection. ...
      (freebsd-questions)
    • Re: Root exploit for FreeBSD
      ... for two ports to my FreeBSD portscluster nodes. ... and it gives the firewall ... US this is also quite common, at least with regards to University ... if your computer is going to connect on our network it must be configured in certain ways and behave "normally" or you won't get a connection. ...
      (freebsd-current)
    • Re: [Full-Disclosure] Blocking Music Sharing.
      ... and Network. ... Any connection allowed out by your firewall will probably let the return ... block the ports used for communication between the client & server ... Subject: Blocking Music Sharing. ...
      (Full-Disclosure)
    • Re: NetBios Names and SP2
      ... This will tell you which ports are open in the firewall as well as some ... Run the command (note: you must have the Support Tools from the Windows ... Check that "Enable NetBIOS over TCP/IP" is selected in the network ...
    • RE: [fw-wiz] UPS Worldship connection problems with new firewall device
      ... Are there any log messages generated in the SonicWALL when the user attempts ... >of weeks back for my small office network. ... >laptop which accesses UPS ... >firewall appliance, ...
      (Firewall-Wizards)