[fw-wiz] UPS Worldship connection problems with new firewall device

From: Servie Platon (servie_tech_at_yahoo.com)
Date: 08/18/05

    To: firewall-wizards@honor.icsalabs.com
    Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2005 17:52:03 -0700 (PDT)

    Hello FW-Wizards and gurus,

    I have upgraded my Sonicwall SOHO3 to TZ170 a couple
    of weeks back for my small office network.

    Everything seems to be working fine except for one
    laptop which accesses UPS (United Parcel Service)
    Worldship network.

    As its description from the UPS website. UPS
    WorldShip® is a full featured, Windows®-based,
    shipping software application for customers with high
    volume shipping needs. WorldShip allows customers to
    accelerate, streamline and enhance not only their
    shipping processes, but financial and customer service
    processes as well.

    When we first installed the program in one of the
    laptops, it seems to be working fine with the SOHO3

    And when, we upgraded to the Sonicwall TZ170, that's
    when the problem started to set in. We were told by
    UPS technical support since we have upgraded a
    firewall appliance, the firewall rules may have
    blocked inbound and outbound communication between our
    small office network and UPS's network.

    Furthermore, we were told that we need to enable
    support for gethostip.exe, shipups.exe, upslnkmg.exe
    alongside allowing access for 153.2.x.x network.

    Since I don't see any documentation on this Sonicwall
    TZ170 to do the adding of .exe files to the firewall
    that supports this method.

    I am uncertain though, whether my firewall rules have
    something to do with it? AFAIK, other services such as
    mail, terminal services are working fine except for
    this one.

    One odd thing that puzzles me is that if my boss
    brings this laptop to his house and connect it to his
    Home network through his router, he could connect to
    UPS and be able to do work and send info in a
    bi-directional manner.

    Whereas, if he returns to the office he gets an Error
    Code 53670 which according UPS has something to do
    with our firewall and dns resolution.

    I have attempted and failed to enable this feature and
    am hoping that maybe someone may have encountered this
    problem in the past who may have the solution.

    Again, thank you very much.

    Very sincerely yours,

    Do You Yahoo!?
    firewall-wizards mailing list