Re: [fw-wiz] Filtering proxy for HTTP POST requests

From: Brenno Hiemstra (brenno.hiemstra_at_gmail.com)
Date: 08/10/05

    To: Devdas Bhagat <devdas@dvb.homelinux.org>, firewall-wizards@honor.icsalabs.com
    Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2005 16:20:32 +0200

    One solution pops into my mind: Squid together with Dansguardian.
    I dunno if it can do all the things you desire but its worth the look.

    more information:

    - http://www.squid-cache.org
    - http://dansguardian.org

    Google has a lot of information as well.
    Good luck !

    Brenno.

    On 8/8/05, Devdas Bhagat <devdas@dvb.homelinux.org> wrote:
    > Does anyone have suggestions/recommendations for a HTTP proxy (cheap/free)
    > which can filter based on content. Preferably something capable of
    > Bayesian analysis of content? It needs to work in ISP environments, so
    > transparent proxy support would be ideal.
    >
    > Traffic to be filtered is outbound from the browser to the server.
    >
    > Thanks
    > Devdas Bhagat

    • Re: Last Question...Please
      ... At the time I bought, the 350 was new and on the high side of the price range, and the 300's were starting to drop in price. ... Not to throw yet another monkey wrench into this, but the fact is after replacing a dead modded 300D that I bought used, with a used unmodded version, I decided to sell the unmodded one when I got an opportunity to get a used modded by Hutech Type 1 filter model at a very good price. ... I already had an XNite CC-1 filter for day use with the standard lens to compensate for the mod, and I picked up a 2" IDAS IR block filter to play with for imaging objects that don't benefit from the IR bandpass. ... That may be a waste in the end, but I thought it might be worth try. ...
      (sci.astro.amateur)
    • Re: Aquarists vs Marine Biologists
      ... Exactly, I did say that my filter was worth patenting, NOT MY ILLUMINATION ...
      (rec.aquaria.marine.reefs)
    • Re: RO/DI unit
      ... reef tank is a huge expense and I think we've all knocked on the door of the ... $2500.00 later I have an awesome reef tank. ... >> anything generally turns out to be worth what you paid for it. ... > his filter better than any other filters available on eBay for ~$100. ...
      (rec.aquaria.marine.reefs)
    • Re: [OT? Question] Re: How to start-off??
      ... >> modifying the Direct-Sound buffers to allow for the ... >> effects you desire. ... The filter structure would be entirely up to you, ... >> Quite a few modern sound cards already have the capability to provide ...
      (comp.dsp)
    • Re: Whats with the thing with the other newsgroup?
      ... Crap ... > I rarely saw any crossposted messages here that are worth a hoot whether ... It's just a matter of tweaking the filter - the concept is solid. ... noise, is worth it. ...
      (rec.collecting.coins)