[fw-wiz] fw1 oracle sqlnet2

From: staf wagemakers (stafwag_at_yahoo.com)
Date: 08/02/05

    To: firewall-wizards@honor.icsalabs.com
    Date: Tue, 2 Aug 2005 13:01:44 -0700 (PDT)

    Hi,

    I try to use the sqlnet2 service in the policy of a
    checkpoint FW-1 NG firewall.

    But this doesn't work as It's supposed to be.

    Oracle starts to use random higher ports after the
    connection and the checkpoint firewall drops these
    connections.

    While de sqlnet2 module should handle these stateful.

    Has someone a solution to this problem?

    --
    Staf Wagemakers   - http://www.wagemakers.be

    • Re: I am having connectivity problems
      ... firewall and turned ON Windows firewall. ... When I tried to install SP2 I was unable to get it thru Windows Update. ... does the connection problem persist? ...
    • Re: Serious Security Issue in Windows XP SP2s Firewall
      ... Subject: AW: Serious Security Issue in Windows XP SP2's Firewall ... If you update a WinXP SP-1 with enabled Internet ... Connection Firewall ...
      (Focus-Microsoft)
    • RE: Serious Security Issue in Windows XP SP2s Firewall
      ... file and printer sharing is available for network login from any network (I ... Internet Connection Sharing of the PC has to be disabled." ... Serious Security Issue in Windows XP SP2's Firewall ...
      (Focus-Microsoft)
    • Re: Still cant connect to RWW or OWA remotely
      ... No, I don't have a 3rd party firewall, and it's a pretty plain vanilla WinXP ... Connected to the network like the other workstations, ... I could go to any workstation and connect to them just fine. ... match the broadband connection, the two NIC firewall, the remote ...
      (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
    • Re: Big hole??
      ... > firewall then even they can't get in, ... > supposedly safe SP2 for Windows XP invites any Internet ... > Connection Sharing of the PC has to be disabled. ... > in fact is a common configuration and not a rare sight. ...
      (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)